About Me

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Cat Talk & Pontianak

INSET - The Bestest Hideout In My Flat


Me and my usual 'anti social' self went into hiding (in the bedroom, of course) when the flat is packed with my flatmate families that came for visit today.I managed to accidentally eavesdropped some bits and bobs..especially when they're discussing about some cats.When they went, I asked what happened with the cat in question.My flatmate told me that her mom's cat cost her £200 on vet.Some cat ey?

Today I heard 'Ibu saya kucing nama Monica gila'...a blatant translation of 'My mom's cat is called Monica and she's naughty'.Which is to me sounded very cute with extra confident.Not everytime you can hear orang putih cakap melayu. This 'orang putih' also learned the meaning of 'zakar' today. Alamak..(malay rendition of oh mother)

* Zakar - Men genitals

Whilst in hiding,I watched "Pontianak Sundal Something Something" that I downloaded from the internet,that supposedly is original - that doesn't carry any subtitles (told ya original sux). Which means, I'll have to depend on my long lost knowledge of the forbidden language to understand it. (*pontianak = it's a female vampire from Malaysian folklore)

Normally, I don't fancy Malay movies. I only watched 2 Malay movies last year and maybe 10 to 15 before in my whole life.

1) Gol & Lipstick - by that girl from 3R
2) All P.Ramlee comedies.
3) Anything with Noor Kumalasari in it - Simply because she gorgeous !! Innit ???

So, this "Pontianak Sundal Something Something"... big deal. Won a few awards recently at Spain. And I guess that's why I'm so eager to check it out.

My verdict ? Avoid this movie at all cost. Not worth even a pirated VCD. It's really 'sundal'. Which means, it sucks. The movie was edited in such a frivolous way that I do not even realize what the hell happened from one scene to the next. Gordon Bennet.

A few summarised comments :

1) The pregnant heroine turns into a pontianak when she was murdered (she's a heroine coz she's hot). But her maid didn't (she was murdered too). So, does that mean, if one were to be murdered when pregnant, she would turn into a super powerful pontianak ? And if that's the case, why Sharon Tate did not turn into a pontianak to smoke Charles Manson's ass ?

2) It seems like the pontianak (in the movie) was a crazy bugger. When she was resurrected as a pontianak, she goes around killing everyone except the villain who murdered her. Kinda ironic, isn't it ?

3) Alright, my perception of the pontianak is - a female vampire. And we all know that vampires suck blood. They're gonna need fangs to do the job. This pontianak sundal, she doesn't have any fangs (just a pair of great tits). She kills her victims by using her pair of wolverine like claws. Zweek zwekk ... scream... and that's it. Cheesy.

4) The design of the pontianak is also not very good. It's still the same old asian ghost design. Long hair, white robes and some very thick powder on the face. And in this movie, the pontianak even sported a pair of eyes with a very bad case of conjunctivitis. Makes my eyes watery at certain point.

5) I was confused who is who in the movie. The script was confusing. The flick was badly edited. Obviously, the director is a Stephen King wannabe. (and Stephen King sux).

I reckoned that the movie will be way better if it focusses more on the haunting of a pontianak instead of trying to cramp storyline, haunting and stephen king elements in it. But then, having won so many awards, how much better does the director wants to achieve ? Nevermind the awards, to my opinion, it's still a very badly done movie.

That is hardly therapeutic.So, what is then ? Comfort eating..

No comments: